Skip to main content

Bullet Points

Image source: pinterest




I will not shoot myself
In the head, and I will not shoot myself
In the back, and I will not hang myself 
With a trashbage, and if I do,
I promise you, I will not do it
In a police car while handcuffed 
Or in the jail cell of a town
I only know the name of 
Because I have to drive through it
To get home.
Yes, I may be at risk,
But I promise you, I trust the maggots 
Who live beneath the floorboards
Of my house to do what they must 
To any carcass more than I trust
An officer of the law of the land
To shut my eyes like a man
Of God might, or to cover me with a sheet
So clean my mother could have used it 
To tuck me in. 
When I kill me, I will
Do it the same way most celebrities do,
I promise you: cigarette smoke 
or a piece of meat on which I choke 
Or so broke I freeze
In one of these winters we keep
Calling worst, I promise if you hear
Of me dead anywhere near
A cop, then that cop killed me. He took
Me from us and left my body, which is,
No matter what we've been taught,
Greater than the settlement 
A village can pay a mother to stop crying,
And more beautiful that the new bullet
Fished from the folds of my brain.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inpui Naga |Poem|

THE CAVEMAN (I) Image credit: Isaac Nka A legend's caveman singed Inpui's W'all; Echo of Ramting Kabin the alpha. We laud thee hovah; for thy ward he'd Kovah!! Thou ought endured that Inpui Ho-Ho-Ho-, they left nothing yet Thy tribe thy Inpuirwan at thy worth to called. Well save!! Your glorious realm in days of yore; Have baset onto second and tomorrow. Seven ol seven thousand of beloved brothers, Hath excuse of mother nest and fly off; Lyke birds in daily breaths are your blood, Hath marry in Low and High by hilltop. wherein many tribes scattered of Big House; Tried to build such told free air? Or call it winter, which, being full of care, Makes summer's welcome thrice more wish's, more rare. 'Lo! all those trophies of   "Kapo Inkhaan." Out, very out, at the end of a cavern, So spring, Khumba beneath the blue sky, passed! Folk out, Bariam lyke a babe roam  In the pacific bed; Late...

Rape law in India | Article|

Rape law in India Image source: https://www.feminismindia.co/   Rape is the fourth most common crime against women in India .  According to the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) 2013 annual report, 24,923 rape cases were reported across India in 2012. Out of these, 24,470 were committed by someone known to the victim (98% of the cases). What is rape?  Rape is a most heinous crime against women usually involving sexual intercourse which is initiated by one or more persons against another person without that persons consent . The act may be carried out by physical force, coercion, abuse of authority or with a person who is incapable of valid consent, such as one who is unconscious, incapacitated, or below Rape Law in India       Indian law treats rape as a criminal offence. It falls under criminal law in India. The Indian Penal Code (IPC- Section 375) def...

Defining Skill?

[click or tap on the image you want to view or download]  Peace & smiley face (draw) Art is a means of expressing things. Art styling is the complex labor that people in a natural way. It is special skill that needs long-term training to form. However, with one imaginative pursuit, it's easy to run out of mind! ( A girl holding red wine glass) About Sketcher: Rashmani Hemam is an aspirant artist, uses to create her drawings are colour, pen and graphite pencil and then goes over them with tenderness and unique designs and quality picture as that is her pride and joy. She likes to draw people, the human figure, traditional medium and people going their daily lives. Her sketches have a rough, edgy design that we love, she puts a lot of effort and self taught into her drawings. What we love: The use of simple drawing tools created a very distinct style. Rashmani hemam  drawing is very interesting and she clearly has wide range of artistic ta...